Richie Incognito contemplating retirement, sends cryptic tweet to NFLPA

Adjust Comment Print

With Incognito retiring, the Bills have now lost their three best offensive linemen this offseason.

On Tuesday morning, just after 10 a.m. ET, Peter King of The MMQB tweeted, Incognito "tells me he is strongly considering retiring".

"It's been a long career", Incognito told Carucci.

Incognito reportedly denied that he was simply "trying to negotiate" with the Bills, who compelled him to take a pay cut last month, after which he fired his agent. "That's it." Incognito added he is experiencing liver and kidney problems and is being affected by stress. The 2005 third-round pick forever will be known as the Bullygate villain, who allegedly harassed Dolphins teammate Jonathan Martin in 2013 until Martin quit the game.


Incognito told the Buffalo News about a recent re-working of his contract: "It pisses me the f off". It's just about doing what's right. Heading into his age-30 season, McCoy finds himself with a franchise that seems to be rebuilding, though the same thing was said previous year and the Bills ultimately squeaked into the playoffs. Before the investigation was over, the Dolphins made a decision to released Incognito during the 2013 season. Incognito said he approached Ngakoue at the Pro Bowl and apologized.

In its tweet Tuesday night, the NFLPA wished Incognito good luck in the next stage of his career. Martin's post showed a shotgun and specifically mentioned Incognito, former teammate Mike Pouncey as well as a private Los Angeles prep school Martin once attended.

Incognito earned three of his four Pro Bowl selections in Buffalo, and was considered among the Bills team leaders. Longtime center Eric Wood retired for medical reasons, so they'd be without two members of a formidable interior group.

Comments