Nicole Eggert reports alleged sexual assault by Scott Baio to the LAPD

Adjust Comment Print

Baio has vehemently denied her accusations, insisting she was 18 - the legal age of consent in California - by the time the show wrapped. "A witness, Alexander Polinsky, appeared as well and told the detectives about inappropriate touching he witnessed, as well as his own allegations of bullying by Scott Baio".

"We appreciate the Los Angeles police detectives' interest in this case, and we will fully cooperate with their investigation", Bloom said in the statement.

"It took Nicole a long time to come to the decision that she wanted to let the world know what Scott Baio did to her and it's been very freeing for her to finally talk about what happened", a representative for Eggert added to Page Six.

Details of the report were not made public, including the specific allegation filed, however police did confirm that a report had been filed. A witness also told detectives about inappropriate touching that he said he witnessed, the lawyer said. She continued to say that she was highly manipulated into doing whatever Baio requested.


"I was 15 years old standing on the bridge over the L.A. River at Ventura and Vineland in Studio City, and I looked down at that dry river bed and I'm sobbing, I'm sobbing", she said. Baio brought up a 2013 interview with Nik Richie Radio, in which Eggert claimed that she didn't have sex with Baio until she was 17, though she did say that the two "messed around" prior to that. Baio also did have sexual intercourse with her when she was still a minor. "Nicole answered all of their questions for over an hour and told her story of sexual abuse by Scott Baio when she was a minor. Given this, her other vague claims, which Scott has consistently denied, can not have any merit".

Eggert explains she has forgiven Baio for what he allegedly did to her when she was a minor, but she wants him to admit to his actions. Her appearance on Dr. Oz had also been stalled while the producers vetted the allegations; her interview was initially filmed on January 10, but didn't air until after both Eggert and Baio went public with their claims. "It wasn't a hold me down rape me situation, but I was 17", Eggert said a few days later on Megyn Kelly's talk show.

"It's very empowering that everyone is going to see a change in Hollywood", he said of the current climate. "Emotionally drained but an extremely productive day", Eggert tweeted on Tuesday night, asking fans to tune into The Talk Wednesday for more information.

Comments