Hunt for second man after teenagers die in Hayes auto crash

Adjust Comment Print

THREE teenage boys who died after a vehicle smashed into them as they waited near a bus stop in London were on their way to a 16th birthday party.

A black Audi, which was being driven at speed, crashed into a lamppost at Shepiston Lane in Hayes.

The three lads, aged 16 and 17, were walking to a friend's birthday party just 900-yards away at football club Goals.

Meanwhile the suspected driver was taken to a west London hospital for treatment and subsequently transferred to a north London police station where he remains in custody.

Police said the teenagers all died at the scene after they were hit by a black Audi vehicle near an Esso petrol station in Hayes at about 8.41 p.m. on Friday.

One local shopkeeper said: "The night manager told me police came in and wanted to see our CCTV which showed teenagers fighting on the corner before the crash".

Jaynesh Chudasama, 28, of Hayes, west London, faces three charges of causing death by risky driving and will appear at Uxbridge magistrates' court today.

Emergency services raced to the horror on the M4 Junction 4, near an Esso petrol station, but tragically couldn't be saved and they were pronounced dead at the scene.

The Met say they believe at least one other man ran off, after the collision on Shepiston Lane, Hayes, on Friday.

As stated by the Metropolitan Police, the group of teenagers were standing near a bus stop when a black Audi collided with them. The first suspect is now being held in police custody.

By mid morning on Saturday, several tributes had been left at the scene.

He and his friend, Amamdeep Matharoo, 27, pulled over and Mr Webb said: "I said "can you stop that, we're going to call 999".

The devastated relatives hugged each other as they pinned the bouquets to a railing close to where the boys were killed.

Tony Kitchin, 44, who works as a security guard at a haulage firm nearby, said: "This road is busy 24/7. My heartfelt sympathies go out to the family and friends of the people who lost their lives".

Detective Sergeant Michael Rapp, of the Met's serious collision investigation unit, added: "This is a fast-moving investigation and CCTV inquiries and forensic analysis of the auto involved are under way".

Another said: "I thought I would never have to write this and I don't know what to write but I will always love and miss you millions".